Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's called dip, not scoop

Due to a QUICK trip to LA last weekend, I never got around to getting groceries this week, so we were winging it all week, in terms of meals. I had to stay late at school on Wednesday, so I didn't have much energy to come up with something brilliant to eat for supper. Luckily, I found some inspiration in the unlikely place of the lounge fridge. What did I see? Nachos and dip.

Whenever I feel the need for some dip, (and who doesn't feel this urge every once in a while?), I reach for my favorite dip recipe. Actually, "recipe," is a strong word. This is a very customizable recipe, if you want.   But, I personally think it is best served in something that everyone can sit around and eat out of together :-) (And following the recipe is a funny clip from Jimmy Fallon about the beauty of dip at Super Bowl parties. :-)

The Dip

1. Brown 1 lb. hamburger and add taco seasoning according to packet directions. Add 1 can refried beans (or slightly mashed pinto beans in my case). Spread in the bottom of a 9x13 or equivalent pan.

2. Mix 1 c. sour cream with 1 c. mayo and spread over meat mixture. (I've also used ranch and plain yogurt, which is good as well.)

3. Spread chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese on top, as desired.

4. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

5. Spread shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and/or salsa as desired on top. Serve.

Jimmy Fallon: It's called dip, not scoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment