Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More Ice Cream, Please!


For Memorial Day, Steve and I decided it was time for more homemade ice cream, so he/Darla made Butter Pecan, which was spot on in flavor and I made Mint Oreo. Good news. The mint Oreo is awesome!! I followed the same recipe as I did for the first foray into ice cream making, but with the following changes:

-Instead of 1 1/2 T. vanilla, I put in 2 t. vanilla and 2 t. mint extract.
-I left out the almond extract.
-After the ice cream freezer stopped, I mixed in (by hand) 2 rows of crushed Oreos.

So good!!

For good measure, I also busted out one of my favorite summer recipes:
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1/2 c. oil
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. cocoa
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
2 c. grated zucchini
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. chocolate chips
1/4 c. chopped nuts

Cream butter, oil, and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, and cocoa. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Fold in grated zucchini. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Mix brown sugar, chocolate chips and nuts and sprinkle on top of batter. Bake at 325 for 40-50 minutes until cake tests done in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment