Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yay for Summer!!


I've been taking a lot of deep cleansing breaths lately to fully enjoy my upcoming summer waiting in front of me. One food that signifies summer for me (and that I make repeatedly because it is SOOO good) is Chocolate Zucchini Cake. No, you cannot taste the zucchini. :-) The teachers at school loved it and I think you will too!

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

1/2 c. butter or margarine
1/2 c. oil
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. cocoa
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
2 c. grated zucchini
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. chocolate chips
1/4 c. chopped nuts


Cream butter, oil, and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, and cocoa. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Fold in grated zucchini. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Mix brown sugar, chocolate chips and nuts and sprinkle on top of batter. Bake at 325 for 40-50 minutes until cake tests done in the center.

Fantastic served warm :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment