Friday, July 15, 2011

1 down, 2 to go!

1 trimester down, 2 to go! :-) Shetler baby #1 is due January 18! This picture is from about a month ago, when baby was about an inch and a half long, and had arms, legs, a heartbeat, and was moving around :-) I had another ultrasound today and saw eyes, ears, and mouth, and confirmed the unlikeliness of Down's.  


We're really excited, but man, there are tons of decisions to make, not the least of which is what process to go about birthing a child. We know a number of people who have had home births (including the former owners of our house! 2 of their children were born here :-)), as well as a number of different other techniques (natural, standing, water birth, etc.). So, who knows where we'll end up on that one. And then there are all the other decisions like where to put a nursery (and what to put in it), disposable or cloth diapers, a name, etc. One thing we did decide on (and were thankfully in agreement on), was that we don't want to know the sex of the baby until it's born. Related to that, Ben said, "Then we get to pick out 2 names!" To which I said, "Then we have to pick out 2 names!" 

Thankfully trimester one went pretty well for me. Actually, it wasn't even confirmed until I was about 8 weeks in, so that made it easier :-) I didn't have much nausea, outside of slight queasiness related to an empty stomach, which happens quite often. However, I was totally exhausted for much of May and June. If I hadn't had a positive pregnancy test, I was about to ask for a mono test. Thankfully, I'll have something to show for this exhaustion! :-) While I was waiting in a doctor's office for an hour this morning, I read at least 3 baby magazines, and one referred to the second trimester as "the honeymoon trimester" so I'm hoping it'll be a bit more enjoyable :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment