Monday, September 12, 2011

Aaaand...we're up and running!

It's been a busy month, with school starting and getting everything organized. Ask any teacher how the first 2-4 weeks of school is, and inevitably you'll get some sort of answer along the lines of:

Whew!
Busy!
Running around like a chicken with my head cut off!
I still have TONS to do and I've been at school every night till 6!
I'm not so sure about this class...
I forgot how much work this is!
Collecting forms bites!
If only I'd stop getting new students!
Etc
Etc
Etc

I'm finally starting to get everything how I want it (though I still have emergency sub plans to write) so now I have a bit of time to consider the food that I'm actually putting on the table. Tonight for supper group, given that I had a bunch of quinoa around (thank you Costco!), I made this chicken with quinoa and vegetable dish from allrecipes.com, along with mom's italian vegetable salad, bread and jam, and these fantastic banana chocolate chip cookies from Taste of Home. They're almost cake-like :-) Definitely a fantastic use for bananas that are on the verge. There was definitely some double-fisting going on by the kids :-) 
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies 

1/3 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. banana, mashed
1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. baking soda
1 c. chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg, banana, and vanilla. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in separate bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet, leaving 1-2 inches between each. Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes, until edges have browned. 

Yield: 3 dozen (though for the size I was making them, it was more like 2 dozen) 


No comments:

Post a Comment