Saturday, April 4, 2009

More with Less Favorites

One of the things I took camping was peanut butter popcorn, which I adore (as do many of my fellow campers). It's super easy and from the More With Less cookbook. It stays just soft enough to eat and not have to pick it out of your teeth.

Peanut Butter Popcorn

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. corn syrup
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 t. vanilla

Combine sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and fold in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over 2 quarts of plain popcorn and enjoy :-)

Another favorite summer recipe is the cucumber salad, which I've tweaked just a little bit to suit my tastes :-) I could probably eat this weekly for the entire summer :-) (Maybe I will!)














Cucumber Salad

2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
2-4 T. fresh dill, minced
2 T. mayo
2 T. plain yogurt
2 T. vinegar
1/4 c. oil
1 t. salt
dash of pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients except cucumbers. Pour dressing over cucumbers. Chill and serve.

1 comment: