Thursday, April 23, 2009

Yay for cheap!


I just got 3 pairs of Crocs for $30!!!! Although the recession sucks in most ways, at least it means you can get some screaming deals on stuff. As I was driving past the mall on the way to work, I saw a big banner on a (recently closed) Circuit City that said "Crocs Warehouse Sale!!!!" So we stopped by after work to check out the action. There was a LOT of action. Tons of people. All Crocs were $10-15 dollars, plus they had tons of other gear, only open this weekend of course. For those prices, I'll definitely wear Crocs. Actually I'd always wanted a pair to see what I thought, but didn't want to pay the "exorbitant" $30 dollars or whatever they usually cost. So, this was the perfect time. 

In addition, (one of my favorite phrases used in Master's papers), there were TONS of parents there getting all kinds of shoes for the kids (I think they were $5 for kids pairs). This has been one of a number of times that I've thought, this would be SUCH a good deal if I had kids. Then, I would just go and buy a pair in the next 8 sizes up and call it good :-) 

Ben got a pair of specialty sailing boots for $25 that he's thrilled with, and a pair of shorts. He's so funny when he buys things: he comes home and spends the next 30 minutes analyzing his purchase, examining every nook and cranny, reading labels, wearing it around the house, etc. Cracks me up. It's like he has to justify the purchase to himself or something :-) In the end (surprise, surprise) he decided it was a worthwhile purchase :-) Hope you all are finding some good deals out there! Let me know if you want me to get you some Crocs :-) 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy my Crocs. However, they squeak really bad when walking across a linoleum floor. I can't sneak up on anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you often need to sneak up on people? :-)

    ReplyDelete