Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sweet Potato Biscuits

My current favorite recipe that I've made once a week for at least...6 weeks now is sweet potato biscuits. The thing that is amazing about this is that if I'm made something more than once in the past 2 years it is notable. I LOVE trying new recipes, but it takes me a LONG time to come back to them again; not because they're bad (well, those I just don't go back to), but because there are so many other good-looking possibilities out there, I just have to give them a shot!

These drop biscuits require very few ingredients and very little prep time if you boil a sweet potato or two, mash it up, and put it in the fridge. Enjoy!

(Maybe I'll even post a picture if I can take a decent one next time I make them.)

Sweet Potato Biscuits

1 c. flour
1 T. baking powder
½ t. salt
5 T. cold butter, in small pieces
1 c. plain mashed sweet potatoes
2-4 T. milk

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Use a pastry blender or 2 knives to mix the ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in sweet potatoes. Add enough milk to make wet dough. (Will not form a ball). Drop by spoonful on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes. Let cool in pan for 1 minute, then remove from pan to cool.

Makes 10-12 biscuits.


No comments:

Post a Comment